Please help support the cost of this site.
|Submitted by Tom Evans on Thu, 05/21/2015 - 02:27|
ElCap Report 5/20/15
By Tom Evans
Yo.. Blue Bird Day here in the Ditch! Nothing much going on up on the hill. So… today I am going to post some shots of people I have from the past. I am not able to identify all of the people in each shot so I will do what I can. The first four shots are from today. BTW.. the big holiday weekend is coming up and traffic will be bad in the Valley... so I may not be able to get back to the lodge to do the report for a couple of days... so don't worry... I will combine a couple days when things settle down again.
Today’s ElCap Report..Written just for you..Unique in all the world!
1) The last of Ranger/helicopter training.
2) Looks like a fun, if not scary ride!
3) On Zodiac, the team from yesterday continued to cruise up the route. This shot is on the Black Tower.
4) The crew at the Bridge today.
5) Richie Copeland, coming back from another ElCap route.
6) Me getting a haircut from Sarah Land, at the Bridge.
7) Bridge crew from sometime last year.
8) The famous Korean Team… Team Extreme Riders!
9) Andy Kirkpatrick, Steve Schneider, Adam Tischler, Jordan Webster.
10) Sean Leary and Alex Honnold, going out on the third of three EC routes in a day.
11) Jim Bridwell and I at the Bridge one day for a photo shoot.
12) Climbers hanging at the Café on a rainy day.
13) Everyone wants a look!
14) Stanley and Dean.
15) Original Bridge Crew, Matt, Aaron, Dave, Nickie along with Alliyson, Chris and Oli.
16) Fernando Motta
17) Another rainy day in the Café.
18) Joe, Patty, Tom, Hans, and IC.
19) Skiy, Ammon, and Dave… a scurvy crew if there ever was one!
20) Fun Shot… John Long, with my hair and mustache photo shopped on… by Ted Distel. Shot during the Dawn Wall shoot in Jan 2015.
I have a large collection of people shots from over the years, that I will pick from to put on the report, from time to time.
So that’s the way it is, for this Wednesday, the 20th day of May, 2015.
Later, Ansel Evans