Please help support the cost of this site.
|Submitted by Tom Evans on Tue, 09/27/2016 - 15:26|
ElCap Report 9/26/2016
By Tom Evans
Yo… Warm temps have returned to the Valley and climbers are heading for the shady routes. I only got an hour at the EC meadow today and spent the rest of the day shooting for Adidas. That hour was the first of the day so what you will see is just the start of a long day of climbing.
Today’s ElCap Report..written just for you..unique in all the world!
1) Zodiac: I spotted two teams playing bumper cars on the route this morning. Here they are on the pitch into the Circle. John Verbeck is catching up and Joe Marlay is at the belay. They bailed up from Lunar.
2) Over on the Straw, Bart is moving right along. I got this shot as he passed the 9 o’clock roof this morning.
3) Native Son: Sean is making good time on his solo of this strenuous route. Here he is this morning getting racked for the days climbing.
4) On the PO, Eli and Ido were a pitch from the Continental Shelf when I got this shot. Some call it the Monkeys Head others the Monks Head.
5) Heartland: The second ascent seems to be in the bag…just a matter of time. Here the kit for Chris and John hangs proudly as Chris is up on lead.
6) Here John Rigg is dealing with the notoriously bad rock in the middle of North America.
7) High up on the PO Robbie is leading in the Bearing Straits.
I did see a few teams on the Nose today, but not as crowded as normal.
Salathe/Freerider: Those routes looked empty to me…I wondered what happened to Hudon and company on Freerider….
So that’s the way it is, on this Monday, the 26th day of September, 2016. I will be in the meadow for most of the day tomorrow, so come on out.