Please help support the cost of this site.
|Submitted by Tom Evans on Fri, 09/25/2015 - 15:40|
ElCap Report 9/24/15
By Tom Evans
Yo.. The day started out a little cooler, with high clouds, and by 10am the clouds vanished and the temperature soared back up into the low 90’s. While there are a fair number of climbers on the wall they are mostly concentrated on the Nose. The Facelift is in full swing now and everyone is having a good time at the evenings shows and the park is getting cleaned… everyone wins!
Today’s ElCap Report…written just for you..unique in all the world!
1) PO Wall: Regan and Magda spent the night on the classic Continental Shelf, and lingered for a late breakfast.
2) Regan leading later in the day…cool rock!
3) Mescalito saw the Swiss/Italian team blast on the route after fixing 5 pitches over the last few days. Here the Italian member leads the Seagull Pitch.
4) One of the “advantages” of a party of three is getting to ride the bag out and jug the line.
5) Nose: Teams were all over the route with the usual congestion in the lower Stovelegs.
6) Higher on the route I saw these guys climbing the Great Roof.
7) The “Star Wars” team started late yesterday afternoon and pushed through the night. Here they are turning the Great Roof.
8) Over on the Salathe I got this shot as a leader was belaying his partner up…always nice to be done with that pitch!
9) The “Bug Lady” is here to climb Mescalito, solo, subsisting on insects while climbing the route…here is a shot of her car. I think you can google “Bug Wall” to find out all the details. More to follow for sure.
I didn’t get out to the west but saw two solo climbers near the edge of the west buttress. Both were looking good. Joe and Tina got down from Lurking Fear and said there were a lot of climbers out there.
So that’s the way it is, on this Thursday the 24th day of September, 2015.
Capt. Tom…livin large in the ECM!