Please help support the cost of this site.
|Submitted by Tom Evans on Thu, 09/24/2015 - 15:37|
ElCap Report 9/23/15
By Tom Evans
Yo… Warm temperatures are still keeping the masses off ElCap. I understand that several teams are fixing low on the Nose but not many have ventured very high. Not much going on at the moment.
Today’s ElCap Report..written just for you..unique in all the world!
PO Wall: Regan and Madga climbed a couple of pitches today and ended up on the Continental Shelf to bivy.
1) Regan leading the pendulum pitch with Madga at the belay.
2) Later in the day they were getting ready for the lead up the corner to the Continental Shelf.
Nose: Several parties are on the route but spread out enough to relieve any congestion.
3) Later in the day I spotted a team climbing above Dolt Tower.
4) Earlier in the day I shot this team climbing to Eagle Ledge.
5) Another team climbed into the Gray Bands around mid day.
6) I saw a 3 man team from, I am guessing Korea, climb brilliantly and rapidly up the route. Here a very well dressed climber cruised the Great Roof and the Pancake flake above.
7) By the time I left, the Korean team was climbing above Camp 5.
8) Over on Freerider I watched Erik Bissel and Kate Ruterford climb from the Block and around the Headwall roof this afternoon.
9) The Facelift includes a lot of volunteer work fixing up trails and restoring areas where un-necessary trails have sprung up. Here a crew is working in the ElCap Meadow.
So that’s the way it is, for this Wednesday, the 23rd day of September, 2015.
Capt. Tom off to the evening shows at the Facelift!