Please help support the cost of this site.
|Submitted by Tom Evans on Sun, 09/18/2016 - 15:48|
ElCap Report 9/17/16
By Tom Evans
Yo.. The weather is really nice now and the numbers are increasing on EC. Lots of action on the Nose, with the rest of the big 5 longing for some action. Big things to come, including the Face-lift this next week. Beware of the roads as the old one way roads are now two way.
Today’s ElCap Report…written just for you…unique in all the world!
Zodiac: Robbie and Leah finished off the route this afternoon around 3pm after a speedy ascent.
1) Leah leading the pitch above Peanut this morning.
2) The 4 man team on the Trip, Paul, Eric, Robert, and Dustin pushed hard all day to get off the route this evening. They were at the start of the first bolt ladder when I left around 3pm. Here they are at the start of the day.
Nose: The route is full at the moment but everyone seemed to be moving along pretty well. The following are random shots from the day.
3) Stoveleg crew getting kit hauled and organized at the belay.
4) A team climbing off Eagle Ledge this morning.
5) Jardine Traverse later in the day.
6) Close up of a team on the long corner after the Jardine Traverse.
7) Lowering out off the Boot Flake.
8) Random dude leading the Great Roof… could use some fashion advice!
9) NIAD team of Tim Kline and Jason Wells climbing out of camp 5.
10) Jason and Tim climbing toward the Glowering Spot.
11) Salathe: Random team climbing above Hollow Flake, heading to the Ear. They later climbed to the Alcove.
12) Some drop-in working the Monster Crack and not having a lot of luck.
13) Kelly Fields, waiting for her partner, Roddy, to top out on the Salathe.
In other news: Big things coming our way in the next week or so … stay tuned. One of the great things about being here in Yosemite is that I have escaped all the election BS that constantly choaks the media!
So that’s the way it is, on this Saturday, the 17th of September, 2016.