Please help support the cost of this site.
|Submitted by Tom Evans on Mon, 06/06/2016 - 15:18|
ElCap Report 6.5.16
By Tom Evans
Yo.. Sunny and warm weather dominates the scene here in the Valley. TER’s are arriving today from Korea… always a good time when they are here. Lots of action on the cliff today with a nice NIAD thrown in for good luck.
Today’s ElCap Report…written just for you…unique in all the world!
Zodiac: Several teams are on the route, or are about to get on the route.
1) High up on the route, the well dressed team continues to make good time. Here they are on the Nipple pitch in mid afternoon.
Down lower several other teams are jockeying for position in the line… remember the Koreans love that route.
2) Over on the Trip the Korean team who fixed yesterday showed up and climbed and hauled to the top of the third.
3)Climbing the steep section to the belay on the 3rd pitch of the Trip.
3a) NA Wall: Sam and Rhett were hauling and fixing today… here they are at the end of the day.
4) Over on the Nose the women’s team from yesterday climbed from Dolt to Texas Flake where they are seen in this shot.
5) The women decided to bivy there and I got this shot late in the evening.
6) Higher up this wall style team cruised the Roof and Pancake Flake late in the morning.
7) Jared and Gabriel did a nice NIAD today. Here Gabe is lowering out from the GR.
8) Jared is seen here on the pitch into camp 5, making the reach to get out of that nasty flaring corner.
9) Jared on the Changing Corners pitch.
10) Kitty and Elaina topped out this afternoon. They ended up doing the “Double Direct”…Muir to the Nose.
11) Out west John continues to get it done on Octopussy.
12) Kate has reached the end of Lost World to Squeeze Play and I am not sure where she is going from here. Here she is hauling kit yesterday afternoon.
In other news: So far the season has gone smoothly and we look forward to more good climbing.
So that’s the way it is, for this Sunday, the 5th day of June, 2016.