Please help support the cost of this site.
|Submitted by Tom Evans on Wed, 06/03/2015 - 15:45|
ElCap Report 6/2/15
By Tom Evans
Yo… It is still on the windy side, so I didn’t go to the EC Meadow today but hung with the troops at the Bridge. We had a great Bridge crew today. The Hill is kind of deserted at the moment with little action on any one route. But I expect more recruits to arrive in the near future. Pay attention you Cubicle Pukes!! The season is far from over and interesting climbs are being done daily. I got word today that Brad Gobright, supported by Ryan Evans, sent Freerider. Nice work Brad!
Today’s ElCap Report..written just for you..unique in all the world!
1) Bad to the Bone: Erik Eriksson recruited one of the best big wall climbers he could find for this route. “Big Wall Kate” Robertson left her solo of the Dihedral Wall to come over and give Erik a hand. Here she is leading the tricky pitch that is also part of Leo Houlding’s “Prophet”. Cool looking rock but not so great to aid on!
2) This shot is a twofer. Big Andy and Charles (leading) are on Zodiac, which is on the right of the shot. And John is out on the lead on Shortest Straw, on the left of the shot!
3) NA Wall: The two teams of three joined forces this morning and set off for the top. This shot is of the bivy ledges at the base of the Cyclops Eye. The route then takes a traverse to the right to pass the overhangs above.
4) Shayna, clearing a haul line, while her sister June belays.
5) Long shot of the belay at the start of the Roof Traverse, on the North American Wall.
6) Mescalito: Yann Camus is seen here leading past the Seagull while partner, Nicolas Ouellet belays out of sight to the left.
7) Nose: This is one of the teams from yesterday that I identified as a NIAD team due to the lack of bags. They are obviously doing a one bivy ascent. Nice!
8) On a warm day the “Texas Flake Lieback” can quickly lead the belayer into a deep sleep! HELLO DOWN THERE! AM I STILL ON BELAY??
9) Stovelegs… what did you expect?!
10) The edge of the Nose, shot from a long way off.
11) Random dude taking a break after fighting with the “Monster,” on Freerider.
12) TOM’S SHOT OF THE DAY!! Once again John, on the Shortest Straw, gets the $10,000 daily cash prize!!
13) Some of the Bridge Crew today.
14) Regulars: Skiy, Joe, Stu, Libby, Alley, Mason, and Bronson hanging out at the Bridge.
15) The Crew “Honnolding” at the Bridge this afternoon. Mark, Bronson, Mason, Alley, Joe, Libby, Skiy, Dan, Mark, Robbie, Pete, and Anita.
In other news:
16) Trina Seligman is climbing over on the LT (Leaning Tower) to raise money for Crohn’s and Colitis research. I got this shot of her this afternoon. It looked hot and there was a lot of atmospheric distortion due to the heat and moisture this afternoon. Check out the links she posted on yesterday’s report.
So that’s the way it is, for this Tuesday, the 2nd day of June, 2015.