Please help support the cost of this site.
|Submitted by Tom Evans on Sun, 06/21/2015 - 17:04|
ElCap Report 6/20/15
By Tom Evans
Yo… The heat continues to keep the Cap pretty empty. The smoke from forest fires comes and goes and was not bad today. The Saturday traffic was bad, as is usual for this time of year…can’t wait for fall!!
Today’s ElCap Report..written just for you..unique in all the world!
I have been shooting the moon for a couple of nights and the next two shots were taken on the 19th.
1) Our buddy the Moon!
TOM’S SHOT OF THE DAY.. OR NIGHT PERHAPS!
2) A closer view of the Moon.
3) Zodiac: The Seoul Climbing School has a 4 person team on this wildly popular route. Here these climbers are at the start of the 4th pitch.
4) Leader on the 4th pitch.
5) Sea: Big Andy is getting it done and is seen here cleaning on the pitch to Big Sur ledge this morning.
6) Almost to Big Sur ledge.
7) With the heat on, Andy set up his ledge and waited for the shade to begin climbing today.
8) 3D: The 3D team topped out this morning.
9) The baggage claim area on ECT.
10) ECT later in the day… amazing lighting!
11) The Muir team finished late this morning.
12) Erik Sloan is doing some work for Google Earth by hiking trails with this high tech rig!
In other news: Not much other news at the moment.
So that’s the way it is, for this Saturday, the 20th day of June, 2015.