Please help support the cost of this site.
|Submitted by Tom Evans on Wed, 06/17/2015 - 01:40|
ElCap Report 6/16/15
By Tom Evans
Yo.. Another excellent day in the Yosemite Valley. But there climbers are few and far between. So today’s report will be a bit short and if things don’t get better I will be doing a reduced number of reports but will cover things as well as I can.
Today’s ElCap Report..written just for you..unique in all the world!
1) Zodiac: The Korean Alpine Club team is back on the move after TER members replaced the water that was dropped yesterday. Here their leader is starting up the pitch in the center of the Great White Circle before the sun came on them.
2) Here is a wide shot of the bottom part of the Circle.
3) The last man up, of the 5 team mates, has to jug a free hanging line.
4) Over on the Trip, Matt took a day off to rest his wrists which had been bothering him the past couple of days.
5) Sea of Dreams: Here is a shot of Andy Kirkpatrick sawing off some angles before he blasted on the route.
6) Andy starting the Groovy Arch pitch this morning.
TOM'S SHOT OF THE DAY!!
7) Andy higher on the Groovy Arch pitch.
8) Real Nose: The crew is in the midst of moving up the junk show.. could take a couple of days!
9) Nose: I only saw one team on the route today and that was a NIAD team who took the Jardine Traverse where one of the climbers is seen in this shot.
10) I did spot Brad and Mason high up on their project.
11) Pace Maker: Kenny and Hunter are soon off this route. Here Kenny is letting out the bags on the “vertical desert” pitch.
In other news: We await your arrival to make a noteworthy contribution to the scene here!
I had my 71st birthday today and couldn’t have had it in a better place!
So that’s the way it is, for this 16th day of June, 2015.