Please help support the cost of this site.
|Submitted by Tom Evans on Sat, 05/16/2015 - 02:25|
ElCap Report 5/15/15
By Tom Evans
Yo… Heavy weather here in the Valley today. Unfortunately not enough rain to make much of a difference in the water situation but just enough to keep climbers off the Big Stone. Today the Adidas Outdoor crew went down to ElCap and spent some time on the Alcove Swing, along with some slack lining. I stayed down below and got some video and stills of the crowd doing the swing as there wasn’t much else to do today.
Today’s ElCap Report…written just for you..unique in all the world!
1) Here is the view from the meadow of, the empty, El Capitan.
2) View of the upper SW face.
3) Libby Sauter reviewed various slack lines for a report to be released soon. Libby knows her stuff and her opinion matters in the sport.
4) Robbie, is a new Climbing Steward, and also quite well trained on the slack line… turns out he was a gymnast! I figured as much!
5) Close up of the middle of the Nose route.
6) A large contingent of climbers showed up this afternoon for the Alcove Swing. You can just see Sarah Watson, in the upper left of the shot, taking the big swing.
7) Today was the first day of the season for the Ask A Climber program. Unfortunately, the weather put a damper on the grand opening.
In other news: Not a lot to report but the weather at the moment. The forecast does not look good for the next week, but many of the usual suspects are coming in, hoping for improved conditions in the near future.
So that’s the way it is, on this rainy Friday, the 15th day of May, 2015.
Capt. Tom … waiting the weather out, just like the rest of the Monkeys!