Please help support the cost of this site.
|Submitted by Tom Evans on Thu, 10/09/2014 - 00:45|
ElCap Report 10/8/14
By Tom Evans
Yo…Today was too warm and smoky to get many shots worth seeing. Several teams have bailed, because of the heat, over the past several days. I have no news about the fire out west of the Valley but the air is clear at night and in the mornings and worsens as the day progresses. The teams who are going upward seem to be making good progress. James Lucas says it's July in October!
Today’s ElCap Report..written just for you…unique in all the world!
PSD: Erik Erikson and Dana Eubanks were up on their lines, consolidating their position and are back down now. They will be blasting in a few days.
Zodiac: The team on the route moved off the bivy at the top of the Tower pitch and climbed into the Circle this afternoon.
1) Here they are cleaning and hauling.
Tempest: Paul and Jeremy are moving right along on this difficult and interesting climb. These 3 shots were not in the best of light but seeable.
Nose: The Spanish team, climbed from Camp 4 this morning, and were passing Camp 5, when I departed around 3pm. Camp 6 or off late today.
5) Here they are leading the Great Roof.
6) Lower down the team of Jade Littlewood and Paul McLellan, from the UK, came up from Dolt and were passing the King Swing when I departed.
7) One of my very best friends, Marek Raganowicz, arrived yesterday, from Scotland, and is planning on another in a line of great ElCap solo climbs…stay tuned. Here we are near the Bridge this morning.
8) Later Marek (aka Regan) met up with more of his friends at the Bridge later in the day. Pete, Marek, Marleen, Doug and Skot are seen here living it up on “Tom’s side of the Bridge.”
In other news:
Honnold was supposed to be on El Corazon today but I couldn’t find him in all the smoke. He just walked over to me in the Café and said the Cap was too hot so he climbed Cedar’s new route on Liberty cap, with long time friend and climbing partner Josh McCoy. They had a nice time and he said the route was high quality but somewhat over rated in grade…. Yeah… right!
So that’s the way it is, for this Wednesday, the 8th day of October, 2014.
Later, cough..cough… Capt. Tom