Please help support the cost of this site.
|Submitted by Tom Evans on Mon, 10/06/2014 - 00:24|
ElCap Report 10/5/14
By Tom Evans
Yo… Wow.. Another fantastic day of climbing conditions on ElCap! Where are the climbers? Not much to report on with few climbers taking advantage of the great weather. A few teams on the Nose, and one on Zodiac.
Today’s ElCap Report…written just for you..unique in all the world!
Zodiac: The hammock boys are killing it today and should be off by dark… seems like those hammocks are a good incentive to climb fast!
1) Cleaning the MOZ pitch this morning.
2) Belay at the end of the Devil’s Brow.
3) The ramp on the last part of the Peanut ledge pitch.
Nose: Two teams were in the middle of the route and a couple down low.
4) Mixed team moving the bag across the King Swing in a way that avoids much vertical loss of distance…Nice!
5) Climbing to the start of the Grey Bands Traverse.
6) Remember that guy who climbed the lieback on the Hollow Flake yesterday? BAIL OF THE DAY!!!
My favorite tree in the Valley has suddenly come to life. Here are a few shots of it.
10) A nice crowd showed up at the Bridge and a good time was had by all… nice to be on “Tom’s side of the Bridge”!
So that’s the way it is, for this Sunday, the 5th day of October, 2014.