Please help support the cost of this site.
|Submitted by Tom Evans on Thu, 10/06/2016 - 15:19|
ElCap Report 10/5/16
By Tom Evans
Yo.. The great weather us upon us…warm days and crisp nights! This is it!! Now or never! You won’t get a better chance to climb ElCap than now. I managed to get some time off from Adidas today and got some EC shots for you to see.
Today’s ElCap Report..written just for you…unique in all the world!
1) PSD: The great Polish climber, Regan, is back on the rock! He came in a couple of days ago and blasted today. Here he is at the finish of the first pitch.
2) Zodiac: The Swede Gastav finished the route today, after a well done solo.
3) Lower down, Enock Glidden, a paraclimber, and his crew are on the route. Here they are on the 5th pitch this afternoon.
Another paraclimber, Lola, is coming up with her team in the next day or so.
4) Over on the Trip, the solo, Nick, finished the route this afternoon after a well conducted climb. Here he is at the end of the bolt ladders this morning.
5) The Heartland Crew finished up late yesterday after doing some top rate climbing on this rarely done track. Here they are on the last pitch.
6) Over on Mescalito the three-person crew is moving along like a well-oiled machine. Here they are passing the Molar traverse this morning.
7) Andy made it to the PO part of SSPO this afternoon. He should be named “No Problem Andy” as he has yet to see a difficulty he can’t find a way past. Git’em Andy!
8) The Nose is totally jammed at the moment so just take a number! Here is where you don’t want to be when doing the swing. The Tan Band is slippery, but the rock just above and below is course, and much has much better friction.
9) Here is a random team climbing into Camp 4 this afternoon.
10) Another of the multitudes…this team is leaving Camp 5.
11) I missed this team on the Shield until about 1pm when I just happened to look higher on the wall. Windy and cold up there.
12) Shield team cleaning on the last part of the Groove Pitch.
In other news: Looks like tomorrow and the next day will be Adidas filled for me so don’t count on a report for a while.
So that’s the way it is, on this Wednesday, the 5th day of October, 2016.