Please help support the cost of this site.
|Submitted by Tom Evans on Tue, 10/04/2016 - 15:58|
ElCap Report 10/3/16
By Tom Evans
Yo.. Mmmm seems the weatherman got it wrong yesterday as it was a day of heavy overcast and some rain. Fortunately, there was little wind. Most teams made slow progress in the dreary, cold conditions. I ran out of energy around one pm and retreated to my tent and slept for 16 hours straight. Usually this happens at the end of the season but I guess my busy schedule has taken its toll. Anyway I feel much better now.
Today’s ElCap Report..written just for you..unique in all the world!
1) Zodiac: The solo climber, Gustav from Sweden,climbed the White Circle while I was shooting. Here he is on the Flying Buttress pitch.
2) Lower down on Zodiac I spotted this team of two working on the 2nd pitch.
3) On the Trip, Nick keeps rolling along putting the pitches behind him. Here he is leading off the place he bivied the night before.
4) Tempest: Andy meets the Sharks Fin. The question is ... Has he moved over to SSPO or did he miss the turn to Tempest?
5) Heartland: Impressive climbing in the Cyclops Eye as John Rigg got the call.
6) Mescalito: A fast moving three man team is on the route and are seen here on the pitch to Stork Ledge.
7) Several teams were on the lower part of the Nose today. Here is a random team in the Stovelegs.
8) Salathe/Freerider is the route of the moment. Lots of parties over there going for the send.
9) This team is headed to the Block ahead of the mob below.
10) Excalibur: Adam, Jordan, and ? are moving along quite well.
In other news: Alex Honnold showed up today and plans on staying the rest of the season.
So that’s the way it is, on this Monday the 3rd day of October, 2016.