Please help support the cost of this site.
|Submitted by Tom Evans on Thu, 10/15/2015 - 18:23|
ElCap Report 10/14/15
By Tom Evans
Yo.. We had a nice day in the meadow, before the anticipated rains forecast for the next couple of days. Many routes are now active but none really crowded. My writing is being cut back due to other work I have to do.
Today’s ElCap Report..written just for you..unique in all the world!
1) Zodiac: Mash and Schuyler ledged up at the end of the BT pitch and took the day off. The solo from Finland, Tommi, is moving well and caught up with
the team above. Here he is on the Black Tower.
2) A Polish team is on Zenyatta Mondatta. Here the leader is on the 3rd pitch.
3) Over on the Trip, Ian and Ryan are moving along well and one of them is seen here in the center of the expanse.
4) Lower down on Aurora, Matt Lambert, Zack Mills, and Joe Marlay are on the route and here is Joe leading to the Bat Cave.
5) Over on the Sea of Dreams, Steve and Paul are getting it done on this excellent route. Here Paul is leading the pitch before the one to Easy Street.
6) Mescalito: Ryan and Alex are hauling freight on the route. Here they are doing the famous, Molar Pendulum.
7) The Tempest team moved freight up today. Jerry does most of the hauling.
8) High on the Nose I spotted this climber, deep in the Alcove.
There were several other teams on the Nose today, and all were moving without problems.
9) In a surprise, Miranda Oakley, a guide at YMS, took a shot at being the first woman to solo the Nose in a day. Here she is climbing into Camp VI this afternoon. She nearly did it, throwing down a time of about 27 hours!! Nice!
10) Over on El Corazon, Chris and Alex, minus photographer Johnny, climbed and hauled a couple of pitches. Here she (Alex) is finishing the long sweet crack pitch that is the key to the climb.
11) Over on Sunkist, a two man team climbed onto the headwall this morning.
12) The team on Sunkist.
13) Several teams were high on the Salathe/freerider today. This woman’s team finished off the headwall while I was shooting.
14) Neil and Callum had a good season sending the PO and the Sea. Here they are packing to leave while chatting with Joe Marlay, who was passing by on his way to Aurora.
Rain tomorrow for sure they say…
So that’s the way it is, for this Wednesday, the 14th day of October, 2015.