Please help support the cost of this site.
|Submitted by Tom Evans on Wed, 10/14/2015 - 16:26|
ElCap Report 10/13/15
By Tom Evans
Yo… Too warm.. rain soon..Lots of action..too busy for much of a write up.
Today’s ElCap Report..written just for you ..unique in all the world!
1) Secret Passage: Dan and Pete bailed today, temporarily, due to horrendous heat over on the east side.
2) Mash and Schuyler, seen here, cruising up the Zod flying the flags.
3) Matt Thomsen leading in the middle of the Trip, partnered with Lance Lemkau.
4) Lower on the Trip a team of two climbed the 8th pitch this morning.
5) Same team, as in #4, cleaning and hauling.
6) Sea of Dreams: Steve Schneider, legendary Yosemite climber, leading early in the day.
7) TOM'S SHOT OF THE DAY!! Sea of Dreams: Paul Gagner leading on the Laura Scudders pitch.
8) Tempest saw Plaidman get the "Rubber Band Man" pitch today. Here he is starting the pitch, with Jerry Greenleaf tending the belay. Pete was relaxing below.
9) Plaid had problems with the pendulum but was close. Here he is in the right spot but didn’t realize it and tried lower. He was still at it when I left. I hear he finished it after a time. His tenacity paid off!
10) On Mescalito I got this shot of Alex Evans and Ryan Baker on the 7th pitch.
11) El Corazon: The German team of Alex Schweikart and Chris Igel, along with photographer Johnny, are trying to free this excellent route. Here they are at the start of the day.
12) Alex working one of the crux sections of the day.
13) The sun and heat came on and they quickly “ledged up” for the rest of the day.
14) This shot is of a team on the entrance pitches to Sunkist.
15) Over on Freerider I spotted this woman belaying below the Roof.
So that’s the way it is, on this Tuesday, the 13th day of October, 2015.