Please help support the cost of this site.
|Submitted by Tom Evans on Tue, 10/13/2015 - 16:02|
ElCap Report 10/12/15
By Tom Evans
Yo.. We are still having great weather for the fall climbing season. Strangely enough, it is like early September, with lots of heat..perhaps November will become the new October. Anyway, lots of climbing going on now with some crowding on the Big Two, but not as bad as last week. I am now involved with shooting for Adidas so this may be the last report on a regular basis… I will see what I can put together at the end of each day. Stay tuned.
Today’s ElCap Report..written just for you..unique in all the world.
Secret Passage: Dan and Pete are out there, in the heat, working hard on freeing the pitches. Below are some shots of the team today.
1) The long view of the team, just to the left of the two, long orange rectangular features, resembling the Twin Towers of 9/11/01.
2) The closer view.
3) Men at work.
4) Break time.
Zodiac: Kenny and Doug topped out this afternoon. Doug led half the route and this was his first ElCap route. Good job Doug!
5) Low down, on the Trip, this team climbed to the end of the 4th as I was shooting. Here the leader is looking at the imposing roof to the Black Cat belay.
6) Higher up, Lance and Matt are moving along well, in this shot of Matt cleaning the classic 5th pitch.
7) The Tempest crew is looking strong while dealing with all the kit they require for a “Pete style” ascent. These three should consider climbing other routes together in the future, as they are looking smooth thus far.
8) Several teams were on the Nose today. This team had the misfortune of a fluke occurrence. The guy lowering tossed the end of the rope away so he could finish jumaring up to the belay. Unfortunately the rope whipped into the side of the Boot and jammed. He was stuck there for some 45 minutes until the next party could go down and free the end. They then moved on normally.
9) I spotted this team on their way to Sunkist. They should generate some cool shots.
10) The Salathe/Freerider is seeing some action these days, maybe even more than the King. Here a woman climber deals with the unpopular chimney above the Hollow Flake.
11) Further along, a team works up toward the Ear.
12) Starting the Monster crack.
13) Early light hits a belayer at the start of the pitch to the Block.
14) Top out… Salathe Wall.
So that’s the way it is for this Monday, the 12th day of October, 2015.